Monday, June 1, 2009

Vietnamese Pork Chops


The pork chops disappeared so fast that I only had one left to take a picture of!

My brother LOVES these pork chops that we get when we go out for Vietnamese. Everytime we got out for Vietnamese, he would always get the Pork Chops with rice dish. So for today, I thought I tried my hand in making them....

One of the big problems I found with this recipe is that there are very limited places in NYC where you can go to request thinly sliced pork chops. Most supermarkets or local butcher shops have cut these meats beforehand and displayed them for purchase.

Fortunately with the help of my mom, I found a local butcher shop that was able to custom-cut my pork chops and asked them to cut my pork chops as thin as they could.

Marinate: (for 4 thinly sliced) pork chops
- 3 tbs sugar
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground pepper

1. Mix the ingredients above.



2. Sit the pork chops in marination for at least 30 min to allow the marinate to settle in. I had them in the marinate and sitting in the fridge for the whole day until ready to cook for dinner.
3. Grill pork chops until you see the sugar marinate starting to caramelize on pork chops.

No comments:

Post a Comment