Sunday, May 24, 2009

Old-Fashioned Cupcakes

I just talked to a friend today on gchat. It was on my plan for next month to go visit her in Japan, but she told me today that Japan has become the 4th biggest country of concern for the Swine Flu. It's scary how this epidemic is spreading so rapidly.

At the same time, it reminds me of how I went travelling throughout China after the 1st SARS breakout and before the 2nd SARS breakout. I went to China around January after the 1st SARS breakout was calmed and all the locals starting settling back into their normal lives. After travelling to different areas of China, I rested awhile in BeiJing, and was just about to plan my next trip around the country when the 2nd Breakout broke out in Guanzhou some time in May. My mom freaked out on me, booked me a one-way ticket back home, and rushed me back to the States...

Seems a bit Dejavuuy to me since I'm now about to plan my trip to Japan and again to China when I am faced with another epidemic....

A shout out to my friend in Kyoto, Japan....wishing her good luck and a safe healthy return back to the States.....

Cupcakes for her....made from a recipe from Cheryl Day that was feature on Paula Deen's show.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/old-fashioned-cupcakes-recipe/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment